Now, I don’t really know what is considered a big jacket wardrobe… I have a feeling some of you will think this is a small and simplified jacket collection, and some of you will think it’s a lot! I have 7… is 7 a lot of jackets to own? Well, that’s how many I have post closet purge! As I said I am not going full on capsule wardrobe at this time, just minimizing what I have and only keeping items I truly love to wear.
So, lets take a look at the 7 jackets that made the cut. As you can see there is absolutely no pop of colour in my jacket wardrobe. Lol. That’s okay with me though, I really am a basic girl when it comes to my style, I love having simple and classic items that pair well with anything and everything.
Jacket 1. The Neelam Jacket by Wilfred Free (from Aritzia) I am OBSESSED with this jacket. First of all its striped…so duh. Secondly its just shades of grey…double duh. It really is an ideal jacket for me. It’s a sweater style jacket that is great for layering, and I have found myself gravitating towards it all winter long. Definitely not on the colder Alberta days though as it’s not the warmest, but it’s definitely one of the cutest!
2. Mackage Florica Jacket (from Artizia) Okay guys, these jackets are an investment. ($$$) but they honestly will last you forever, and they just look better the more you wear them. I previously owned a different Mackage leather jacket for 9 years, and it still looks brand new today. A classic black moto style jacket is such a staple for me, so easy to throw over a tee shirt and jeans, or a dress. Love love love.
3. Levi’s Boyfriend Jacket (from Aritzia) sensing a theme? Yes Artizia is my all time favourite store. If they sold shoes and pyjamas I could probably just shop there for the rest of my life. The thing I love the most about this denim jacket is the length, so often I find womens denim jackets are cropped, and I just wasn’t feeling that look anymore. I was really happy to find a denim jacket that isn’t cropped, and I will be rocking it all spring and summer long!
4. Zara Bomber. I was on the hunt for awhile for the perfect oversized black bomber, but wasn’t having too much luck. I ended up purchasing this bomber from Zara, and just sizing up to a Large (from a small) and it is exactly what I was hoping for. I love wearing it a lot, great for spring and fall!
5. Talula Trooper Jacket (from Artizia) a.k.a. the jacket every girl has… But, I think that’s just because it’s such a cute lightweight jacket, and very easy to style!
6. Burberry Coat. I have owned this coat for almost 7 years, so I am not even sure what the exact style is. I highly recommend investing in a classic black dressy coat, if you get a good one it will last you and last you. Very easy to style, you can dress it up or down, it’s the definition of a classic coat. Because I live where it’s freezing most of the year I’d say this is my most worn jacket!
7.Community Parka (from Artizia) Lastly, when you live in Canada a parka is essential. I absolutely love this green one by Community, it’s warm but not too bulky, and the green is the kind of green that just goes with any other colour. I get a ton of use out of this jacket!
So, there it is! My jacket wardrobe. I hope you enjoyed this post and I’d love if in the comments you told me some of your favourite jacket styles to own and if you think there is something lacking in mine! I feel like maybe I could do with one fun statement jacket… but, we’ll see. I’m just such a plain person you guys!
I do want to mention also that With Stripes is going to be getting a make over! Soon my blog is going to have a new website and I am very very excited! I apologize in advance if there isn’t a post for the next little while, while we are busy getting the new site made up. It will be well worth it though!!
Thanks for reading ❤