Hello my lovely readers. I hope you are well! I wanted to use my last blog post of 2016 to reflect on all that this past year has been, as well as share some of my goals for 2017.
2016 is being talked about by everyone as one of the worst years ever. While there’s no denying some crappy things have been going on in the world, 2016 did personally bring a lot of good for me. Having Greyson is obviously the highlight of my year, he has brought so much joy and light into our lives and I just can’t even explain how much I love that little guy. I celebrated two years of marriage to my best friend Adam, he rocks. We were fortunate enough to get to travel this year, the best trip being to England to visit some of our favourite cousins. While we were there we also went to Brighton for the first time and fell head over heels IN LOVE, must go back there as soon as possible! Since I had a baby, clearly I also got to experience pregnancy for the first time this year, that was interesting! I actually really loved it… in the beginning. Near the end I felt much too big, and much too hot in the summer months, but it brought me my baby boy so I would of course do it over and over again. I made some new friends this year, some who have quickly became so dear to my heart and I don’t know what I was ever doing without them before?! Annnnnd, I started my blog in 2016! Which means I get to talk to all you awesome people on here, and I love love love that. I seriously want to thank those of you who do take the time to read these posts, or follow along on instagram, or whatever. I know I don’t have the huge following some bloggers have, but that doesn’t matter to me. I post everything I post because it’s something I love, and anyone who takes the time to engage in what I share is amazing to me!
Now lets talk about those #GOALS for next year. (that hashtag always makes me laugh/roll my eyes)
I like setting New Years Resolutions, I don’t always keep them, but I like the excitement of setting new challenges for yourself in a new year. Who doesn’t love a fresh start, am I right? So, here are a list of mine! Please tell me yours in the comments, it might inspire me to add it to my list, or someone else reading this! (these are in no order of importance)
- CONFIDENCE. This one is huge for me. I have struggled with my self esteem my whole life, and while I feel like lately my confidence has been improving it definitely isn’t where I want it to be, so 2017 is the year to get on top of that!
- Spend less time on my phone and more time investing in real people. We all know the feeling of hanging out with someone and they seem more interested in there phone, it doesn’t feel good. I don’t want to be the one making someone not feel good.
- Read my bible more often and more intentionally.
- Continue to invest and work on my marriage, and not let having a baby take away from the relationship between Adam and I.
- Be more spontaneous and adventurous.
- Eat a balanced diet. Meaning eat more things that are healthy for my body, but also treating myself at times and not feeling guilty afterwards.
- Soaking up every moment with Greyson that I can, and keep learning and striving to be the best mom I can be for him. (but not a perfect one, because there is no such thing)
- Spend less time worrying what others think about me, it’s a waste of time and none of my business!
- Cook more!
- Take pictures all the time (not just for instagram) and actually do things with them…like put them in an album not just store them on my phone.
- Show love to all the people in my life, and new people that I meet.
That’s that! If you do leave a comment I’d love to know what your favourite experience from 2016 was and what one of your resolutions for 2017 is. 🙂 Love you guys! Happy New Year to you all.
thanks Elishya for snapping these pics